Dora Cake is originated from Japan and in the past few years, it become popular across the world. Its popularity in India is influenced by a famous animated cartoon called Doremon who loves to eat Dora Cakes. Nowadays, the children begin demanding Dora Cakes to their mothers. It is also known as Dorayaki. Dora Cake is just like a sweet sandwich.
The recipe to make Dora Cakes is quite easy and almost all the ingredients required to prepare, are simply available in one’s kitchen. Dora Cakes. For the filling, you can use chocolate syrup, Nutella spread, and fruit jam as well. It depends upon your choice and convenience. So, try this recipe and there will be no need to insist children for eating such yummy Dora Cake. They will really love to have it.
The recipe for Dora Cake is as below.
- All purpose flour (Maida) : 1 cup
- Baking soda : 1/4 tsp
- Sugar, powdered : 1/2 cup
- Honey : 1 tbsp
- Oil or melted butter : 2 tbsp
- Milk : 2/3 cup
- Chocolate syrup or Nutella spread or fruit jam or peanut butter : As per choice
- First and foremost, take all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and powdered sugar) in a bowl and mix them.
- Secondly, in another bowl mix the milk with honey and oil or melted butter.
- Now pour this milk in the dry ingredient and stir it using a wire whisk.
- Mix it well, no lump should remain in the batter. It should be smooth.
- Now, use a non-stick pan and heat it moderately.
- Pour the 1/4 cup batter on the pan and cook it on low flame. Don’t spread the batter on the pan by any means, let it spread by itself.
- Cook it until both sides turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, cool it down by keeping them aside.
- Make all the cakes using this method and cooled down.
- Now take one cake and spread by applying a thick layer of chocolate syrup on the one side of it and put the other cake on it.
- By using the same procedure make other Dora Cakes by applying Nutella spread, jam, or peanut butter.
Tasty and delicious Homemade Dora Cakes are ready.