When you are in a hurry and have to cook healthy and tasty breakfast, Rava Idli is the best option. Traditionally, Idlis are made up of lentils and rice. This procedure requires almost a day because there are many processes like soaking, grinding, and fermentation are involved in it. The Rava Idli can be made instantly by using semolina, curd or yoghurt, and leavening agent.
Rava Idli is a steamed cake, made up of semolina which is rich in the nutritional elements required on a daily basis. The majority of people love to have it with coconut chutney but some prefer Sambar too.
By using today’s recipe, you will be able to cook soft, tasty, and fluffy Idlis at home without spending too much time. So, below is the list of ingredients and method to cook instant Rava Idli.
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Curd or yoghurt, fresh – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or as required
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Leavening agent or Eno – 1/2 tsp
- Take semolina in a bowl, then add fresh curd or yoghurt and salt in it and mix well.
- Now, add water and mix with a wire whisk. There should be no lumps in the batter.
- After mixing, leave the batter for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes pour 1 glass water of water in a pressure cooker and heat up for the steaming. Remove the weight valve (whistle) from the lid while you are using a pressure cooker for steaming.
- As everything is ready after 20 minutes take the batter and mix leavening agent or Eno in it and stir it in one direction only. Remember that leavening agent or Eno is to be mixed in the batter at the time when you are going to steam instantly. Do not mix it and steam it after some time.
- Now, pour the batter in Idli stand after grease the mould using oil.
- Place the Idli stand in a pressure cooker. Steam it for 10-12 minutes on medium flame or for more time. Whether the Idli is ready or not can be checked by inserting the toothpick in it. If the toothpick is clean when it comes out, tasty and fluffy Idli is ready to eat.
Enjoy the delicious and soft Idli with coconut chutney in your breakfast.
Some tips for fluffy and soft Rava Idli:
Roast semolina first:
Roast the semolina on medium flame to turn it aromatic but the color should not be changed.
Right amount of leavening agent or Eno:
Leavening agent or Eno reacts with curd or yogurt which in turn leads to making fluffy and soft Rava Idli.