What Is Yoga?
Yoga is a practice of mind and body, which has a history of around 5000 years. It was originated from India and spread around the world with various religions like Buddhism and Jainism. It combines the practice of physical exercise, controlling breath, relaxation, meditation and curing depression. Or in simple words it’s a type of exercise that makes your body move in different positions to become more fit and flexible, also improves breathing and relaxing your mind. People nowadays are practicing more yoga daily Even in COVID-19 Pandemic Situation as they know the benefits and want to quit the intake of medicines. With yoga, one can heal his/her body naturally.
Here are some benefits of doing Yoga
SIZE AND AGE DOESN’T MATTER-
Whatever your body shape is, you are fat or fit, everyone can do simple yoga exercises and make yourself fit. Your fitness level doesn’t matter as there are many modifications for every level whether its for beginner or pro. The Same is the case with age children from 6 years or an adult of 35+ years they both can do yoga and take its benefits.
PHYSICAL BENEFITS –
There are many physical benefits as lessening the pain from various diseases like arthritis, headache, pain from the lower back.
Other benefits of doing yoga
- Flexibility increases
- Muscle strength increased and tone
- The Respiratory system gets stronger
- Metabolism maintained
- Helps in reducing weight
- Improves athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Increases blood flow
- Blood pressure remains in check
- A decline in Blood sugar
- Better sleep
MENTAL HEALTH GETS BOOSTED
Many therapists recommend yoga to people as it’s the best way to improve your mood, mental health, and concentration. By doing yoga regularly our body releases some healthy brain chemicals like dopamine, endorphins which in result balances our mood and mental health issues like depression.
Yoga increases body awareness, stresses are relieved, attention and concentration get sharp with time. It reduces strain and inflammation.
When we do yoga regularly the motion of organs helps in increasing the release of lymph (a liquid which is opulent in immune cells). This lymphatic system fights foreign elements and removes toxin.
Yoga is known for its ability to reduce stress and relax your body. It decreases the secretion of Cortisol, which is a stress hormone. It also helps in relieving anxiety.
PREVENTION OF VARIOUS DISEASES-
- HEART DISEASE – Yoga reduces stress and lowers blood pressure, reduces weight and enhance cardiovascular health which in results decline the risk of heart disease.
- ALZHEIMER’S – There is no cure of this disease in the world but its proven that meditation helps in reducing the speed of this disease.
- TYPE II DIABETES – Asanas, pranayama, mudras daily practice reduces the glucose level in blood and helps in checing the comorbid disease conditions.